Sydney Hunter COD (NES) - January 2021 Update
This is the an update on my progress of creating the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) version of the Collectorvision game, Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death. Originally released as a Super Nintendo game it has taken quite a bit of development to get a decent version working on the more limited NES, but with this update I have broken the back of most of the previous issues.
- Stages 1 to 3 are now completely playable
- Includes all puzzle elements, which are now interactive
- Puzzles get more complicated as you work through the game
- Screen shakes when evil progresses
- I am about 1/3 of the way through completing Stage 4.
- Rope traversal and sliding
- A few graphical glitches here and there
- Adjustments to collision detection
- Adjustments to jumping off vines
- Some stages have end of level bosses
- Sound effects
- Intermission music
- Stages 5 to 10 maps are done, but I need to place the objects, enemies and puzzles.